Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring has sprung!

I say spring has sprung because it was 86 degrees here today. Jealous?

Isn't spring just the greatest?! Especially this year... And its only just begun! A couple weeks ago Romney and I got the chance to go up to Washington D.C. and visit my best friend April. We always have so much fun when we go up there. This time we got to go on a tour of the Pentagon! That was way neat. April's friend works there a few times a week and has access to it, so he was kind enough to take us on a tour early Saturday morning.  I don't think I ever realized how big the pentagon is. And I have never felt like I was 8 months pregnant more than I did that day. (pretty sure I waddled like it too) I was feeling pretty good, but once I started to go down hill... I went down hill fast! And then we still had a half mile to the car, they don't just let ya conveniently park right up front. I literally, barely made it to the car. Longest walk of my whole entire life.  Still it was pretty dang cool to go in the Pentagon and suffer and see what it looks like. (Unfortunately you can't take any pictures) It would be a lot more exciting on a weekday when there are lots of people there and lots of the military personnel dressed up in their uniforms.

We went to Cafe Rio just about everyday. Rio is just always a winner and Romney and I both wanted it... Everyday. But especially me.. and look at this.. they don't charge you for enchilada style on their burritos out here AND they have military Mondays (half off your meal!) Freaking awesome.


We also did what we do best up there and went shopping. April loves to shop just like us.. so we went to a huge mall and had a blast. Surely spent more money than we had planned, but we found some sweet deals and April had cards and coupons to makes those deals even sweeter. It was awesome! Romney got a killer deal on a suit. At first we couldn't find one he liked so we were sad, but then we found one... and he was super happy! (P.S. how cute is he holding Eve's hand? He's going to be the cutest dad ever!) <3.







Romney even taught me and Eve how to play chess. It took me a while to catch on, and I don't think Eve ever did catch on... But it actually isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Surprisingly it can be a pretty fun game! (I just told Romney about how I kinda liked it and then he started to brag about how he won a chess competition.. in like 3rd grade) Clearly, he's proud.


I am so terrible at taking pictures when we go and do fun stuff.. but here are some random pictures that I do have: 





Candace gives the BEST massages. We found Goldsboro street, more like accidentally drove on it. (our town is called Goldsboro) We went to D.C. cupcakes. Delish! So much fun! We will for sure have to go back in the summer... if we get invited. (hint, hint April) Twice a year just isn't enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment